I was going to just call this page fairies. But, then realised you can't classify everything on this page as fairies. So I went with the fay & fairies. If you have a better idea plz let me know.
This page includes information about:
- Brownies - a benevolent elf that supposedly haunts houses and does housework secretly.
- Djinn - Arabian lore, djinn are a race of supernaturally empowered beings who have the ability to intervene in the affairs of people. Like the Greek daimones, djinn are self-propagating and can be either good or evil.
- Dryad - a nymph inhabiting a tree or wood.
- Elves - a small, delicate, elusive figure in human form with pointed ears, magical powers, and a capricious nature.
- Goblins - a mischievous, ugly, dwarf-like creature.
- Hobgoblins - a mischievous imp or sprite.
- Kelpies - a water spirit, typically taking the form of a horse and reputed to delight in the drowning of travellers.
- Mermaids - a mythical sea creature with the head and trunk of a woman and the tail of a fish, conventionally depicted as beautiful and with long flowing golden hair.
- Nixies - a water sprite.
- Nymphs - a mythological spirit of nature imagined as a beautiful maiden inhabiting rivers, woods, or other locations.
- Ogres - a man-eating giant.
- Peris - a superhuman being, originally represented as evil but subsequently as a good or graceful genie or fairy.
- Pixies - a supernatural being in folklore and children's stories, typically portrayed as small and human-like in form, with pointed ears and a pointed hat.
- Selkies - a mythical creature that resembles a seal in the water but assumes human form on land.
- Sprites - an elf or fairy
- Unicorns - a mythical animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead.