The rules for Vampires are normally different depending on the movie or book series. So you can't just dive into a series thinking you know everything. It is important to keep an open mind.
Main Traits to look for:
Like I stated above vampires differ from series to series but common traits are.
- Drinking or Feeding on blood - I am yet to watch or read a series where the main source of food for a vampire is not blood.
- Super Strength - Most movies or books will portray vampires with super strength. An example of a series that does not follow the "super strength" stereo type is Vampire Academy.
- Immortality - In most series vampires are immortal. They can only be killed by certain methods (depending on the series).
- Burn In sunlight - Surprising although common this nature is becoming more unpopular. In series such as Twilight and Vampire Academy.
- Fangs - Used to poke holes into the victims skin to get to the bloodstream. They can then suck out the blood.
- Pale Skin - As they are dead their skin turns pale